Blog Bi-Monthly has called AM,hD,tR "the most poignant and provocative presence online today." Online Publishers Report proclaims AM,hD,tR to be "as polished and poetic as anything anyone could ever hope to peruse." And the New York Times Review of Blogs ... well, they would not return repeated phone calls. New posts on the full moon: Jan. 22, Feb. 21, Mar. 21.

Monday, March 06, 2006

a sorry substitute for a REAL blog entry

The boys of the Packway Handle Band out of Athens, Georgia have come to play in our little lodge tonight, and HOO-WHEE, what a hoe-down they put on! That place was steamin' in no time, what with the fierce fiddlin' and strummin' of these 4 young guys on banjo, guitar, mandolin ...

WELL those first few lines were written on some random Tuesday night a few weeks back and were as far as I got .. i know it's boring for you to read that i've been busy since the last post on Feb. 21 -- wow, i missed both posting dates in March, sorry -- but do have pity.

Truth is, we had more snow fall here a coupla weeks back than i've seen since i was a wee lad, and when some of it melted and then re-froze, a few trees came down here and there, including a madrone tree that fell on the line that feeds power to the building i live in.

So for a little more than two weeks following that, i was living up in our guest facility, where although i did not have access to my computer and own phone, i DID finally have my own bed big enough for two! i did not unfortunately convince anyone to cuddle with me. (Maybe he thought i wasn't serious about the cuddling part? Or he DID think i was serious, who knows!)

There is a massive amount to convey, and it is not going to happen now. It's after midnight and i must be off to bed. So just a note to (both?) my faithful readers: all is fine here, just very much distracted with so much going on. In addition to having been temporarily thrown out of my home by the loss of power, i have also been made the new manager of the Welcome Center; this has added a lot of responsibility, and hours, to what i do around here.

Ulli, thank you for inquiring -- a long time ago, too! -- where my update is. i guess it's just you and me out here Ulli. Although my buddy Mike did write not long ago to ask if i was going to change the name of the blog now that Sandy's died, so i guess he's checking in every now and then. "A Man, the Road." I'm leaving the name the same for the time being. That girl may be gone physically, but she is very much still in my life in other less obvious ways ...

All for now you two .. much love from the Redwood Curtain ...

MIKE make your travel reservations NOW!
Hadleigh you kiwi pain in my butt, send me your damn phone number already. You leave LA before driving up here i will track you down and hold open flames beneath all of your brushes. And paintings.

Goodnight everybody. i leave you with this:
Religion is for people who believe in hell. Spirituality is for those who've been through it. [author unknown]

2 Comments:

Blogger mikemorone said...

Hi, Doug!

Got your voice message on Thursday, and have been too lazy to call back...I was just coming from wrestling practice...Charlie and I joined a wrestling club and I go once or twice a week...I'm always sore! I'm going to start my training soon... and I'll call you. How is your mileage going? Talk to you soon!!!


Love...Morone!

ma-mau!

16 April, 2006 17:57

 
Blogger Doug Tickner said...

Mike Morone you cock-knocker (the word that would not die!) six months to Redwoods Marathon (Oct. 15) was Sunday and the program has officially commenced! Ran 45 minutes Sunday and this morning. More to come.

Yo Jeremy, what do you mean by "switch feeds?" i'd be happy to oblige, but need more info. Please advise.

18 April, 2006 21:25

 

Post a Comment

<< Home